Re: Brake Light indications A simple Fix

> From: "Matthew Dooher" <matthew.dooher@domain.elided>
>
> I have fixed this problem on my 164. all I did was adjust the switch about
> 2mm closer to the pedal

Good point.

I just did mine (on the milano / 75 however) too, but I took the switch
off, open up the switch, and found out that one of the contact inside has
been corroded. I sanded off the corroded contacts, clean up all the
metal parts, reinstall, and I hope it will work for another 150k miles.

To get to the the switch, the workshop manual only ask you to remove
the door luck control unit behind the little glove compartment on the
left of the steering wheel.. if your hands are really but really small.
I have relatively small hands but there wasn't enough space for my
finger to work the connector to the switch off. I end up removing
steering column cover, which reveal a lot more space around the
column to allow access to the swich right behind it.

Jess
88 Verde
Northern California