92 octane gas for Milano

Hi,

	I only use 92 gas on my 3.0 Milano. However on hard accel. I still
here (what I think is) knocking. Too bad these cars do not have any knock
sensors. I think using 89 or 87 octane gas is false economy IMHO. I bought
the 3.0 V6 for my Milano Gold because of the power, so why should I go
cheap on the gas, I only save about $2 per full tank. And it gives me
peace of mind. I've spent quite a bit upgrading various things to gain
more power and the last thing I need is gas that would make my car knock
and give less power. Although I don't think anything higher than 92 octane
will benefit the car. Both my 155 V6 and Milano get top grade fuel. I
think, if not for the "performance increase", it would make the engine
last longer IMHO. Oh yes, and both get a dose of techron every now and
then. The cheapest fuel I get around my area (N. San Jose) is at Beacon.

Zamani
'87 Milano
'96 155 V6