Zero Compression 164

<I am boggled by the Zero Compression 164 Arno Leskinen reported on in AD7-178,
<and found Abe Kheraz' observations in AD7-179 interesting.

Indeed intriguing. Long shot, but check the airflow meter: is it possible that
water got sucked that far causing some damage resulting in a blockage? In order
to get compression you have to get air in there, and that part of the system is
common to all cylinders. Perhaps remove the hose from the airflow meter to the
manifold and repeat the compression test. The one cylinder with 20 psi doesn't
match that hypothesis though.

I'm presuming that the compression test was done properly: the meter seals and
works, the throttle was fully open.

Also common to all cylinders is the exhaust. Does this example have a catalytic
converter: is is possible that dumping it in cold water caused it to
"implode"????? With a blocked exhaust it won't run: but would you expect to
still see some compression?

My $.02

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.

1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV

Alfa Romeo 105 series Bertone Coupe home page and register at:
      http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1806/105GTV.HTML
Dr Mark Battley
Research Engineer: Composite Materials and Structures
Industrial Research Limited
PO Box 2225, Auckland, New Zealand
Ph: +64 9 303 4116,	Fax: +64 9 307 0618
Email: m.battley@domain.elided