VVT solenoid, 84 Spider

     Gary was lamenting the lack of a VVT solenoid:

     "...There are two courses of action I can take:

     1.  Replace the cam cover with one that has the solenoid, and have it
     rewired (I can't find any stray wires or connectors).
     2.  Replace the cams with a non-VVT type and a "regular" intake cam
     sprocket.

     I welcome any advice or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

     Gary Merrill"

     Gary, you didn't mention option #3:
     3. Leave it alone, as the 84 model did not have a VVT solenoid, only
     the hydraulic actuation.

     Later years used both. AMHIK!
     Len