[none]

Personally I've never tested any additives like Slick 50, but I've been put
off them by people who have. I don't know what's in Slick 50, but what
reacts well with one oil may not necessarily react well with another. I
imagine that all of these additives contain heaps of friction modifiers.
Well recently I've been testing some motorbike oils with f.m.'sand have
found other problems caused by these additives. Personally I would have no
qualms about using them in racing if I was to be stripping down and
examining components regularly as anything with f.m.'s will release more
power, but otherwise I would be sceptical. If you use a good quality
synthetic oil than that certainly should be enough.
These are just my personal opinions, not neccessarily those of Castrol
International (oblig. disclaimer)

Regards

John

1988 75 ts (daily driver)
1980 Alfasud Ti (toy)

Dan Hagrman wrote:

Hi John, test engineer for Castrol,

One quick question that's been burning me up: are there any reports
available on "Slick 50"/"Oil Additives" out there?  OK, two questions, what
is your personal opinion on the matter, if you don't mind me asking.

I agree about synthetic, and I'm of the general opinion that whatever makes
Slick 50 slick is probably also in synthetic oil, but I'd like to hear an
opinion from someone who might actually know what they're talking about.

Thanks much for your time, if you'd rather not opinionate I understand,
dan in KC, 89 spider veloce