GTV6 At the Track

Doug, I am glad you had a blast at the track. I agree that the GTV6 is a
real performer out on the track. The balance, brakes and available power
make the GTV6 a fun track car.

        I will disagree on the Porterfield R4S versus the R4 race pad. I
ran a six hour enduro SCCA race last year and fried the brakes by the
end of the event. The R4S is a high performance street pad and limited
competition pad. For the extreme continual track use Porterfield
recommends the R4 pad. I currently have raced all of the 98 SOWDIV
season of one set of R4 pads. I was lazy and never took the pads off the
car when I drive it on the street. The R4 is home on the track and on
the street. The trade off is that they made a little more noise on the
street and are a little harder on the rotors than the R4S. For a street
only Alfa,  I would recommend the R4S, any track usage and you would
benefit from the R4.

        Get the safety equipment, install a roll cage, and go Club
Racing if you really want to stretch that competitive muscle. Good luck

            ANDREWG
            Houston, Tx
            ITS #63