RE: the bird

> I heartily concur with Paul. It really is an invitation for a whacko to
> proceed with shortening your life these days. Funny, can't get my mom to
> understand that. She is the sweetest thing but sometime in the 70's when
> the bird became a popular salute for all to use she picked it up.
> Now it is
> an involuntary action for her when someone honks at her (which is probably
> often as she crawls down the street...don't worry she rarely leaves the
> neighborhood...none of you will be slowed down by her)
>
> My response to assholes is to smile and wave. Pisses them off and repels
> them...works especially well on the bike...I'm still alive!

funny, i picked up a gesture from the 60's to counter what your mother
picked up in the 70's - i return a finger gesture with a peace sign.  of
course, lately i try not to do anything that might earn me a finger in the
first place.

whatever happened to the california freeway killer - i thought that one of
the outcomes of that whole episode was that people in general were more
polite to each other.

bs