re: the bird

>2. the bird

>Just don't do it. These days, my only use for it is as a friendly gesture -
>I mean with someone with whom you are closely aquatinted. Not for strangers.

>Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA

I heartily concur with Paul. It really is an invitation for a whacko to
proceed with shortening your life these days. Funny, can't get my mom to
understand that. She is the sweetest thing but sometime in the 70's when
the bird became a popular salute for all to use she picked it up. Now it is
an involuntary action for her when someone honks at her (which is probably
often as she crawls down the street...don't worry she rarely leaves the
neighborhood...none of you will be slowed down by her)

My response to assholes is to smile and wave. Pisses them off and repels
them...works especially well on the bike...I'm still alive!

Michael Williams
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto
72 GTV (for sale)