Plus ca change.....

In no.168, Keith noted things to watch for in buying an Alfa 33
4x4, including :

>Front strut pan bearings fail
>Rust on bottom of doors,
>under battery,
>under brake master cylinder,
>around petrol filler,
>around rear wheel arches
>and on jacking points.

Well you know this looks just like a list someone could well have
written about the Serial No.1 Alfasud which came off the
production line way back in 1972 or whenver it was, about a
quarter century ago.
Alfa Romeo S.p.A. really are cheeky devils, perpetuating all these
same weaknesses right on through the Sud, Sprint, and 33 range
for years and years on end, when these items really aren't all that
difficult to improve upon.  Ah well, we have to laugh, 'cos they've
seduced us hook line and sinker, they had us eating out of their
hand right from that very first Sud, and they knew it..... they knew
we'd buy these things regardless....  I still say they're cheeky
devils though.

Best regards,
Graham H,
New Zealand.
Alfetta, GTV, 3 x Alfasud (jeez I must be a REAL soft touch).