69 Brake Boosters (The Evil Twins)

Howdy.  I wanted to get some advice on dealing with the twin boosters on my
69 GTV.  After disconnecting the vacuum line from the manifold and noticing
absolutely no difference, I realized that I had been braking without any
"boost" for quite a while.  The lead booster (at least) has a serious vacuum
leak which hisses away for a few seconds after shutting down the engine.  So
here are the questions:

1)  Is rebuilding a valid option?  I've seen kits in the IAP catalog and
maybe elsewhere.  Any estimates of time involved or descriptions of the
inevitable bizarre complications would be helpful.

2)  What about a single booster set up?  I've heard mention of this and like
the idea.  How would this work?

3)  And no boosters at all?  Although I have to step on it a bit, there
still seems to be plenty of stopping power.  Would boosters be a major
imporvement?

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

W.B. Peale
69 GT Veloce

W. B. Peale