Re: Milano 2.5 questions/manual?

Joe wrote:
<<I'm about to take delivery of a reasonably clean Milano 2.5. The only
problem is that the car needs a new alternator belt to make the journey
(295 miles) back home. Having never owned an Italian car, I'm just looking
to get some sense of the difficulty and time involved in the undertaking...
  If anyone can offer any tips I would be grateful. Also, I know that the
car doesn't have a catalytic converter and I'm bringing it from a state
with no emission testing (Michigan) to one that does (Pennsylvania) - again
- - any thoughts or suggestions? Finally, where can I find a decent manual
for the car (e.g. Bentley) or might a fellow lister have one that he or she
wants to sell? Any and all insight appreciated. Thanks in advance.>>

1. The alternator belt also drives water pump, so I hope the belt is not
broken from a siezed alternator or worse water pump. If both are o.k. it is
very straight forward to put on the belt, however, please note that the water
pumps have an exspected life span of 30k miles or LESS. It has been widely
recommended to use the lowest belt tension possible, just enough so the belt
doesn't slip with all of the high current draw accessories running.

2. Cats are somewaht costly. But not hard to find IAP, Ricombi, Centerline all
have them.

3. IAP and Centerline have reprinted shop manuals and there is the Car Disk
CD. All are basically the same are are NOT for the beginner. (they assume a
reasonable understanding of automotive systems)

4. Good luck.

John Katos