Re: Misfiring - take 2

I didn't see the original post. Did you properly jet the carbs for a
2000 motor? The 1600 jets will be pretty anemic. The 3000 RPM range
should be about where the carb makes the transition from the mid-range
(which is really controlled by the idle jets), up to the mains. As the
carbureted 2000 was not a US config, I do not have recommended jet
sizes. Improper jetting could cause your symptoms. It's also possible
that the fuel passages in the carb body that feed the accelerator
pump are blocked. This is a nasty one that can only be cured by
drilling out the passages. If these same carbs ran fine on a 1600, I
would suspect the jetting.

Although it's not easy to verify the curve, it's pretty easy to verify
maximum advance with a timing light. Clean the crank pulley off so you
can see the marks. If the advance mechanism is stuck, this should be
apparent. You could pull the disty out and take it to an auto electric
shop that has an advance curve machine. These machines are getting
scarce.