GTV 6's Post Hill Country Rally Stress Disorder

Well, I just rolled in after the Texas Hill Country rally, and boy are my
ribs sore! <rimshot>

Okay, anyway... I enjoyed meeting those I did, and to those I didn't: Next
time, I promise! I really emjoyed seeing so many nice Alfas, especially the
GTV 6s, and the very nice Red Giulietta Spider that came in from Austin! I
exposed a roll of film, and I'm hoping to have them on my web site by next
weekend. I'll let everyone know when they're posted.

My GTV 6 did not fare as well as I did, however. Got a couple new noises to
trace, and a nasty soot-looking film has formed on top of my coolant in the
reservoir. I installed a new (used - thanks Brian!) radiator last night, and
I'm hoping the sludge is just washing out of *it*, and not coming from my
*engine*! A couple flushes should let me know for sure, eh? In case it is
coming from my engine, what causes a flaky, sooty film in the coolant?

There is also a troubling "hissing" noise coming from underneath, from the
vicinity of the gearbox. Sounds kind of like a set of aluminum drum brushes
being rubbed across a snare drum. Just one more thing. :-|
And, of course, there is the ever-present ticking...Only louder.

Oh, and thanks to the Ferrari club for making feel a little less confident
in my manhood! :-)))

Cheers all, and happy motoring!

Darren
85 GTV 6 Gran Turismo - San Antonio, Texas