'74 GTV 2000 fan inst. light?

Been playing around in the instrument cluster of my '74 GTV this week
(fixing the squealing speedo and replacing bulbs), and I noticed that I
don't have a light bulb socket where the "fan" bulb should be.  Should
I?  Wiring diagram says it ought to be there, and when I took another
socket& bulb & put it in, it lit up when the heater fan was on.  Seems
kinda useless.  The car did have A/C (the interior parts are still
installed but compressor is gone).  Should I be looking for a new socket
for the fan light, or was this left out intentionally?  Where might I
start looking for this?

     Jeff Matson
     Harvard, MA