Re: It off, he declares

<After eyeballing it, he takes a 36mm socket and a metre long breaker bar
<puts it on the crankshaft pulley nut, jam the other end of the bar onto the
<left end of the engine bay, disconnect the coil lead, "everyone stand back!"
<and cranks the engine.  Once - the engine painfully (for me) torques on it
<mounts , twice (I am more fascinated than scared at this point) and the bar
<drops off.  It off, he declares.

<Happily, I continue the work.  It builds confidence when you know that
<someone is watching over you.  Anyone bold enough to try?

Yup, scary, but it works well! I couldn't get the nut off any other way.

Mark Battley
Auckland, NZ
74 2000 GT Veloce