GTV Nose in the air but not out of joint

Just for everyone's information, the postmark date on my recall notice was
March 2, 1972, the inside letter is dated March 1, 1972.  I picked up my car
on October 15, 1971.

The fact that 1969 cars were not mentioned in the recall notice means nothing
one way or the other about whether 1969 cars had to have their headlights
raised.  It is not unusual for recalls to affect only partial groups of a
single model year's production.  Maybe they didn't find any 1969 models with
lower headlights but did some 1971 models.  And Alfa's records being so
possibly messed up, they recalled all 1971 GTV's.   (And I originally included
the 1969 year, because the headlight regulation went into effect with all the
1968 model year changes for safety, emissions etc.)

As for my mention of the raised nose in various photographs, I provide the
listing of several pieces of Alfa literature that illustrate my point.
Specifically the 1750 Series Specifications sheet, a reprint Alfa had from
Road Test magazine with a side shot of the GTV, and the last page photo in the
"Before you drive the Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce" sales brochure.  Also there
are several photos of European 1750's in Il Quadrifoglio that show a lot less
space from the top of the front tire to the bottom of the wheel well than the
US photos show (April 1970, page 31) and a couple of loose pages I have that
unfortunately do not have dates.

That exhausts my collection of Alfa pictures on the subject so further
rebuttal will not be forth coming.

And to the person who asked the original question, about the raised front end,
and probably wonders what the heck happened, I still think it came from the
factory that way.

John Justus
1971 1750 GTV (with the nose much lower now)
1995 164Q