Re: Cops in Ca.

>>The bastard honked at me when the light turned green, and I treated him
>>like any other rude and impatient driver in California, I flipped him off.

You are lucky a ticket is all you got.

>And then after he had given me a ticket and I was trying to
>>pull out into traffic, the car kept drifting backwards because I was on a
>>slight incline when I would try to shift

You should try using the handbrake as you let the clutch out.  It will
prevent the car from rolling back.  Once you get the hang of driving a car
with a clutch you can stop using the brake.

> "If you hit my
>>bike, I'm taking you to jail!"

If someone rolled back on a "slight incline" and hit your Montreal, after
giving you "the finger", I'll bet you would love to take them to jail.

Glenn Emerson
New York

End of alfa-digest V7 #156