Milano Stutter and 160k km (100k miles) Maintenance....

Good evening all,

I have a few questions concerning my '89 Milano Gold that I hope some
people on the list could possibly answer...

First off, the odometer is sitting at 160k km as I write this and I know
that this is a mileage (kilometreage?) that is usually accompanied by
some maintenance. Of what extent is the typical 100k service and what
does it entail?

Second I recently had the water pump and timing belt done by a garage in
town and when I got the car back there were two noticeable problems: 1)
There was (is) practically no acceleration under 2700 RPM, and 2) The
alternator light came on on the ARC Centre.
    I thought that both problems would be connected, yet when I replaced
the alternator with a used on from APE the alternator light went out.
But the stuttering acceleration remains so my next guess is that the
timing is off. Anything else that it could possibly be?  The car is
going back to the garage on Wed. morning to have it checked out......

That's it for now but thanks in advance to all who reply.....

Sincerely,

Philip Gicante
London, Ontario Canada