Door hinge bushes for 105 series

I had the same problems with two Guilia Sprints some years ago. The
solution was to get some nylon tube of the correct size and ask a
friendly hobbiest to turn some down on a lathe. Take one of your hinges
apart and you will see that there are two bushes to each hinge, a top
one and a bottom one. Just make new bushes out of nylon and push them
in. I slightly tight fit is good. If the hinge pin is then too tight you
can clean it up with a little emery cloth.

I know of someone who has made them out of brass, but they have to be
EXACTLY right or the door will be either too tight or too loose. Brass
would also benefit from some greasing system, whereas the nylon doesn't
need it.

I ended up getting about 50 bushes made and sold a couple of sets to
fund the construction.

Regards from DownUnder
Trevor Turner
Canberra Australia