Re: Alfetta windshields

I purchased a 1976 Alfetta GTV that came with glued-in front and back windows.
The  windshield leaks horribly - lots of silicone (and other stuff) applied by
PO in an attempt to fix - but silicone is coming out/peeling in large
chunks/pieces.

The previous owner found both front and rear gaskets for non-glued in
windshield/rear window and they came with the car.

There appear to be at least two different styles of gasket windshields - with
and without chrome/stainless trim.  My 1979 GTV (stock Euro) has a gasket but
no trim strip.  The parts I got with the 1976 have a rubber gasket with a
groove to accept trim (I have the trim as well).

The question is:  Is the physical piece of glass the same for a glue-in
application as for a gasket application?  Can I just remove old glass - and
refit it with the gasket?

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas

1957 Giulietta Spider (abnormale - just bought!)
1969, 1976 & 1979 GTVs
1975 & 1976 Spiders
3 parts cars