Re: The eye of the beholder (Alfa Mentioned Once!)

John H. wrote about his experience in the eye of a hurricane.

Yikes, once again on top of the explanation! Good for you.

I mentioned in a private (off digest) message that my knowledge of weather is
largely limited to my pilot training and flying experience. I described it as
"know and stay away" theory taught in pilot's school. I think because of that
training, I failed to remember and mention the phenomenon you mentioned
concerning the centre/center of these sorts of storms. I've never gotten into
one in the airplane (the "... and stay away" part of my training) and so never
really kept those details in the "often used" portion of my grey/gray matter.

A tip of my hat to you (not blown off), and much admiration for being alive to
repeat the description of the eye. Now that you've mentioned it, I do recall
my training having described the eye much as you have, but certainly less
memorably than you did!

Sorry, no Alfa content other than to say the spider will be chained securely
to the garage this winter. No fear of inclement weather inside!

ciao

Tom
1963 Spider (<-- Y2K compliant!)
Seattle