Re: C pillar badges

John Hertzman wrote that
>>pillar Quadrifoglio badge, ...Given the depression and mounting holes>>

My 1750 had the badges stolen twice in the first two years, and I have them
off the car now due to the repaint, but there was no depression on the C-
pillars for the badges, only the two holes.  There is a depression on the
trunk lid for the badge, which was plastic, as was the front grill badge.

The second time I had these stolen, coincided with the 1972 AROC convention
held at ARI (Alfa Romeo Inc) new headquarters in New Jersey.  I got to
personnally sort through the entire US stock of the gold quadrifoglios to get
the two I wanted.

In trying to bring the trunk badge up to the quality of the new paint, I have
found the design of the IAP metal badge is much closer to the original plastic
badge but three different badges have been woefully constructed with voids in
the enamel or whatever it is.  I gave up trying to get a better one.  The Re-
Originals badges are much higher in quality, plastic, but are not close as far
as being a duplicate of the original badge.  If anyone out there has another
source, I would appreciate hearing about it.

John Justus
1971 1750 GTV (making its debut in Eureka Springs at the end of the month)
1995 164Q