Help needed

G'day y'all,

I've been trying to put in a new clutch slave cylinder on my 87 Milano
Gold, and have struck a couple of problems.

I was having difficulty getting the hose to reconnect to it. I already
had it in place., and while removing it to try a different approach,
the pivot fork came out and  the slave disassembled itself.

So I now have a couple of questions for the assembled wisdom:

In trying to replace the pivot fork, if I put it where it seems to
want to go, there is but a little movement under pressure (1/4"?) at
the point where it would connect with the slave's plunger. Is this
right, or do I have a major disaster on my hands?

I need to clean the slave -  in brake fluid? - and reassemble. This
seems straightforward enough. Any tips or tricks here? What sort of
grease do I need?

I'm aware of the need to rotate the slave so that the bleed nipple is
at the top in order to bleed it properly. Any other thoughts?

Thanx in advance.

g.
Gary Stark              74 Alfa Spider
gstark@domain.elided  87 Alfa Milan (truncated)
http://redbacksWeb.com  91 Mercedes 190E
Up over in Dallas from down under in Sydney.