RE: new spider in US

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Chris Sasso <csasso@domain.elided> wrote:

> Not to start the Alfa back in the US debate again, but last night I was
> eating dinner in Coconut Grove, FLA and an new ALfa spider turned the
> corner and drove down the street.  The owner parked it in the same
garage
> I was in so I checked it out but the owner was already gone.  This car
is
> registered in Florida, it has Florida plates on it, not diplomat or
> foreign plates.  It was black with a tan interior. Does anyone know
> anything about this car?

Along the same lines, about 2 months ago I saw a brand new Peugeot 605
driving with the morning rush hour traffic along I-78 in New Jersey, with

NJ "New Car Dealer" plates.  (Peugeot pulled out of the U.S. market in
1995, same year as Alfa).  All Peugeot jokes aside, what is a car like
this
(or the mystery Alfa) doing on U.S. roads?  I know that European car
companies
sometimes perform their "real world" development testing of new
Europe-only
cars in the U.S...  is that what was happening here?

     Inquiring minds
     want to know,

     - Chris