Giulia Super seat/carpet question

     I'm restoring my 67 Giulia Super, and have a question about the seats.
      On the lower back of the Super front seat, there is a "skirt" at the
     bottom, below the vinyl pocket, made of what looks like wool carpet
     material.  This covers over the back of the seat base, and some of the
     tilt mechanism.  On my current car, which has tan original seats and
     tan original carpets, that skirt is tan wool, of a material much like
     the carpet.

     But my question is, to be correct, should the skirt color match the
     seat color, or the carpet color?  I ask because when I put in new
     carpets, I probably am going to use grey rather than tan.  I will
     stick with tan seats however.  So should the skirt match the seat or
     the carpet?

     My last Super had red seats and grey carpets, and had the original
     skirts still in place, but I can't for the life of me recall what
     color they were.  I can't imagine they were red, but maybe they were.
     Any recollections of particular cars is appreciated.

     Andrew Watry
     Berlina Register
     67 Giulia Super (dash rebuilt!)
     69 Berlina  (FOR SALE)