Re: alfa-digest V7 #140

Jack up the car so wheels droop
undo the bolts holding strut to wheel
remove top rubber cap (in engine compartment)
undo three nuts hold strut on
remove strut from wheel well
get a good spring compressor and a 7mm hex wrench (keeps strut from turning)
take spring pressure off
undo nut at top of strut using hex wrench and proper socket
pull strut out from lower pan ( might as well get a new pan, too)
remove bearing

reverse procedure
drive away

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 yu231420@domain.elided wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:28:31 -0400 owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided (alfa-digest)
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>  I am in need of some help. I have just purchased a 1991 164L and need to
> change the front strut bearings. Is this a difficult procedure? Do the front
> struts have to come out and apart from the car?   I would like to hear from
> people who have done this procedure?
>

> Thanks
> Emilio
> <yu231420@domain.elided>