Re: alfa-digest V7 #133

I received the sept 98 Il Quadrifoglio yesterday, and it is an issue
devoted to the new 166 sedan. This is the best set of photos of the car
I've seen, from many angles, plus interior shots. I think it looks very
nice - less "brutal" than the 156 sedan.

One very interesting historical article traces the Alfa "flagship sedans",
from the 8C2900, up through to the 164, to show the evolution of the big
Alfa sedan. Most interesting to me is the complete silence on the 75 sedan
- - the article shows the 2L Alfetta sedan, the 79 Alfa 6 sedan ( first use
of the 2.5L V6, with three two barrel carbs), the Alfa 90 sedan, and then
the 164. What happened to the 75 sedan? I would have thought they would
want to mention it -

  Anyway, I'm sure the Alfisti will enjoy the issue, complete with the
little promotions of the Alfa boutique items ( handbags, scarves,
sunglasses, polo shirts, etc. but alas no Alfa torque wrenches, engine
stands or the like).

         Check it out - John Fox