Re: 1996 GTV

To answer questions posted in Digest Volume 07 : Number 118 by Richard
Craig-McFeely:

1. Tyre pressures - the figures in the handbook are in atmospheres (2.7
up
front and 2.5 behind).  Does anyone have a conversion table to psi?
Also
any GTV owners have any opinion on the best pressure?

Conversion factor should be 1 Barg = 14.503 Psig
I got the same car, an have experienced better distribution of wear on
the tyres with 2.9 Barg front and 2.7 Barg rear (Pirelli P-Zero).

2. Boot Release - I have completely unable to find the remote boot
(truck!)
release.  The handbook has a picture of the button in the glove
compartment
but I cannot find it.
Any ideas appreciated!!

Boot release is easily located at the left hand side of the glove
compartment when you open the lid.
Also, you can open the boot (trunk) using your key! Slide the Alfa
emblem sideways (it's hinged) and find the keyhole.
This has been an Alfa gimmick for quite a few years now.

3. Suspension - I was driving a 1994 Williams Clio (No. 48) and the
difference is quite large, anyone have any ideas on suspension
improvements?
I have heard of Autodelta in NW London and they offer some progressive
shocks.....  again hope to hear some feedback on this.

There's really only one good solution for this: Eibach progressive
lowered springs.
Bought them for my car and afterwards heard they were the best
alternative for the 916 series GTV, they are actually better on
everything; better comfort over small though bumps and also better in
corners - stiffer.
In addition you get a car that even looks a lot better, sitting approx.
30 mm lower.

Cheers,
Eirik S. Arnestad
96 Rosso GTV 2.0 T.Spark 16V