renewing coolant V6

Hi all,

I'm about to replace the coolant in my GTV6, as it looks about fifty years
old. I seem to remember reading somewhere that to drain all the coolant
from the engine I need to remove two plugs from the cilinder banks.
However, I can't find anything on the cardisk cd, and at the dealer my
request for sealing rings for these plugs was met with blank looks from the
staff.
So, to unplug or not to unplug, that is the question.

Any info/help deeply appreciated, as I'm leaving this weekend on a 3000
kilemeter trip, and I want to make sure my alf is in good condition before
I leave.

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix