Milano rust proofing

The first cool weather has come my way and prompted my thoughts about rust
proofing the Milano Verde.  This car has no rust on it thanks to its
previous southern home and I'd like to keep it that way.  I was thinking
along the lines of some wax spray applications and some undercoating
applied by myself but I would be interested in hearing of experiences with
Ziebart type chains.  I basically want to know what are the important
areas to get to.  I figure that behind the rear wheel well splash shields
is one important area.  Any others?

Jason Ritchie
Pittsburgh, PA
88 Milano Verde