Overheating on the 75 TS

My 75 TS has been giving me lots of driving pleasure since I bought it
about 1 yr ago. Except for one thing : I have a very temperamental cooling
fan. Sometimes it just fails to turn on when needed (even though the switch
has been changed a couple of times).

I am tired of pulling over at roadsides for the engine to cool down. To
solve this problem once and for all, I am thinking of shorting the fan wire
so that the fan would be turned on once I turn my keys.

So to all alfistis out there :
(1) any side effects to this arrangement (please remember that the
temperature here is about 25-30+ degrees Celsius year round, so
"overcooling" should not occur)?

(2) how do I short the circuit?

Many thanks in advance.

J H Tay