33 mysteries !!

Duvivier

The problem with your car seems similar to an occasional
problem I have with my P4. On a long constant speed run
at 110~120kmh after an hour the car starts to cut in and
out. Stopping and turning off does not seem to make any =

difference. The car will clear if I dip the clutch and blip the =

throttle very hard, or less effectivly to push the throttle =

down and let go a few times. If I drive faster (140~160kmh)
then the car is fine. =

There is a know problem with the 33 air flow meter which
Alfa will sell you a patch lead for which may or may not
solve the problem (at about 9000BeF). The explanation
we have been told is a build up of static electricilty in
the air flow meter, which seems a bit odd to me.

There is a filter in the fuel injection system. It is =

attatched to the front bulk head under the steering rack
on the drivers side for a lhd car. It is not difficult to change
if you can get under the car (easy with a pit), but it is best
to do it without the car running for as long as possible
to allow the preasure to subside.

As to your front tyres, that is a very short life. I think
the problem is the bushes on each end of the front
suspension arm (the track control arm). As these go
the geometry will vary depending on whether you are =

braking or accelerating (toe out on braking, toe in
on acceleration).

All the best

Keith