Re: 105 Coupe windshields

From: JHertzman@domain.elided

>If there is the one squared off, one rounded difference it sure isn't obvious
>in photos or in quick eyeballing my adjacent parts-cars. It also isn't obvious
>how such a subtle change would fit Alfa's tooling-budget logic.

>I may well be wrong, (happens, often enough) but for the time being I will
>still count on using the glass from my stepnose parts car to replace the glue-
>in on my '71. And Michael Sents might well patiently seek a third opinion,
>which I also will be interested in. Simon? Jack? Anybody?

AFAIK, the windshield openings were idendtical from the first Sprint GT
to the last GTV 2000. When I replaced my glass in '86 I wanted to use a
gasketed version instead of the glue-in. The gasket was easy to get, but
the glass took quite a search since everyone's catalog had the gasketed
glass listed as being "supersceeded by" the glue-in. I asked what the
difference was and the glass company said that the glue-in was 1/8" bigger
all around to cover the lip where the gasket would normally seat. The
shop guy even tried to install the glue-in glass with the gasket and it
JUST WOULDN'T FIT, to use his phrasing. He could get the bottom seated and
partway up the side, but it didn't have a snowball's chance of getting all
the way in.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| jack@domain.elided   |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |  Black holes are where God divided by zero. |
| Livermore, CA		      |             - Anon.                         |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |