105 coupe windshields

In AD7-111 Michael Sents asked, and Brian Shorey responded to, a question "if
the glass from a 67 GTV will match my 73 GTV".

Brian says "the front windshield will not.  the glass on the '67 is squared
off on the top, the glass on the '73 is rounded.  afaik, there are at least
three different types of gtv windshields - early (step-nose) style, '69
gasketed, and post-69 glued in.  the latter two are interchangeable if you
have the right trim and gasket, neither of the latter are interchangeable with
the first.

"i think the rear glass is different also, no hints as to the glass in the
doors and the rear wing glass."

Whoops. I would have said (and wagered, offhand) that all of the immediately
peripheral structures (roof, A-pillar, C-pillar, cowl, etc) were identical,
and that the earliest Sprint GT windshield and gasket (and rear dittos) would
fit the last GT Veloce built. The nose changed, the front fenders and quarter-
panels changed, the rear bulkhead changed, but I didn't think the roof did. I
would have assumed that since the window regulator system changed the lower
part of the door windows might be different, but that the door wing windows
and rear quarter windows would be identical.

If there is the one squared off, one rounded difference it sure isn't obvious
in photos or in quick eyeballing my adjacent parts-cars. It also isn't obvious
how such a subtle change would fit Alfa's tooling-budget logic. They would
change a panel to make an appreciable change in appearance (as going from
stepnose to smooth) or to accommodate a physical need (as going from 155-15
tires to the fatter 165-14, which I believe is the reason for the rear wheel-
arch change) but I don't think they did virtually imperceptible changes
without a good reason.

I may well be wrong, (happens, often enough) but for the time being I will
still count on using the glass from my stepnose parts car to replace the glue-
in on my '71. And Michael Sents might well patiently seek a third opinion,
which I also will be interested in. Simon? Jack? Anybody?

John H.