re: Driving in Italy, cupholders

Been there, done that.  Me thinks you exaggerate a little, though.
Reading your note, one might think that driving in Italy is like putting
your life at risk, and I don't feel that is the case.  I've felt more
threatened in Boston and in NYC.  A goal of mine is to one day to be
able to drive a "real car" on the Autostrada that doesn't run out of
legs at 180 km/hr (and that's a decent car!) like most rentals.  Perhaps
a high-end 166 would be real nice!

Carl Prochilo