CATS

     David wrote:
     Ciao Alfisti,

     It seems my GTV6 needs a new cat; mine is too far rusted to repair.
     The cat and downpipes come as a single unit so I'm concerned about fit
     quality.  Alfa originale is out of the question ($1200 I'm told).  My
     options seem to be Stebro or a unit from Alfa Parts in Berkeley that
     they have custom made from them. Prices are roughly equivalent.  I'm
     mostly concerned about fit, but I also don't want to have to do this
     again in a few years so quality of materials and workmanship are also
     important.
     Any recommendations?
     Thanks in advance.
     - -David    <dbs@domain.elided>

     I bought a cat from Long Island Catalytic in NY, for my Spider. I was
     very pleased with the fit, and materials (stainless steel). Price was
     about $325 incl shipping to California. I can't find their phone #,
     but they had a classified ad in Road and Track.
     No connection, just a satisfied customer.
     Len