Headlight relays

I currently run Euro headlights (65/55w) on my '83 with no problems.
European Spiders have run this set up for years and I'm told that they
don't have any headlight relays.  Note that this doesn't mean I wouldn't
like to put them in, but I'm trying to save $$ so I won't be broke from
repairing the body damage my mother-in-law did to my Spider when she
tried to turn it into a one-door convertible.  :-(  I don't think I'd
run 100w lamps without relays, though.

Bill Bain
President AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider