12th European Montreal Meeting

A very successful European Montreal Meeting was held at Lugano-Agno in
southern Switzerland on 11-13 September.  70 Alfisti registered for the
event and about 38 splendid Montreals participated, coming from as far
away as Sweden and Finland.

On a sunny Saturday, 31 of the Montreals took part in an excursion to
Capolago (followed by a mountain railway trip for the participants to
the summit of Monte Generoso).  I've put a few of my snapshots of this
outing on the Montreal website http://www.cern.ch/TTC/montreal.html.

By the way, at the evening dinner Tom M=FCller told me he had discovered =
stock of about 80 original Tecnocar B-64 Montreal fuel tank filters in
Switzerland.  For Montreal owners seeking this rather hard-to-get part
his coordinates are on the website (Fuel filters section).

Returning to Geneva via Italy, I dropped in at the Alfa Romeo Museum in
Arese.  I was delighted to find that the doors of the Expo'67 Montreal
show car were not locked, so that visitors could try out the driving
position of this famous prototype.  At present, the museum also houses
one fine production Montreal and the Montreal-engined 225 km/h powerboat
Popoli.  =

The Meeting was very efficiently organised by Bernhard Schalbetter of
the Montreal Europa Register and in recognition of this he was presented
with a Montreal Spica injection pump!  Next year's European Montreal
Meeting (the 13th) will be held in Denmark.

Bruce Taylor