Vacuum leak tracing

Hi all, me again.
Have just seen this reply from Peter  (thanks, Peter) :

Subject: re:Vacuum leak tracing
Braden recommends a gadget called a Colourtune in his Weber
book..... fits in plug hole and (shows) the mixture colour.  One cyl
will come up lean if there is an air leak.
Peter

Hmm, thanks for the idea. I've heard of the Colourtune product for
many years but have never had one.
One problem I can see with this idea, however, is that it doesn't
really get round my original difficulty, which was how to identify
whether there was a leak in that inaccessible area under the carbs
and manifold. The Colourtune might well tell you there's a vac leak
SOMEWHERE associated with a given cyl, but so would the
aerosol spray, and neither way is the best for checking out the
underside to locate a leak.  Further confirmation I guess that, with
an Alfa, there're no free lunches....... ah, but what the heck, when
they're going, they're more than worth it all aren't they?

Graham H,
N.Z.
GTV, Alfetta, Alfasud