GTV-6 Question

I have a sound in my 83 GTV-6 that I have not yet found the source.
Periodically I hear a running water sound that sounds as if a fawcet was
turned on-basically like flowing water or leaking air.  It comes and goes.
It sounds as if it is coming from the panel where the heater and the air
conditioning are located.  I understand that the heater valve opens and
closes automatically.  Could this be the source of the sound.  There is no
leakage.  I'd like to eliminate the sound if possible.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Terry