Re: Late 101 Spider question

Andrew -

My '61 (bought new) had the large taillights. When I got rear-ended, I
temporarily used the older, small lights. They're interchangeable.

My '61 had the aluminum fan, my '64 Giulia Normal and '66 Veloce both
had plastic fans. Both cars were also bought new.

Hope this helps.

Bob Kleinfeld (Who wants a Giulia Veloce Spider again in the worst way)

     I looked at a 62 Giulietta Spider normal for sale yesterday, and
two
     things seem odd.  First, it has the largest size taillights, which
     thought came only on Giulia Spiders.  Is this another transition
     thing, as with the change from 750 to 101 Spiders?  Also, the car
has
     a stock 1300 101 motor, but the water pump has a steel pulley with
     bolted-on plastic fan.  Is that normal?  I thought all 101 1300s
had
     the four-blade cast aluminum fan and pulley.  It definitely had a
     101-numbered head, and the block has the oil pressure fitting low
on
     the exhaust side of the block.  So I don't think it's a later 105
1300
     block.

     Andrew Watry
     Berlina Register