Re: 155 BTCC Engine

>Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 07:43:04 EDT
>From: LoweJacks@domain.elided
>Subject: 155 BTCC Engine
>
>I found an article about the 156 BTCC racing car, whilst the technical specs
>are amazing, the article said that the old 155 racing engine was a 164 block
>with a 155 cylinder head, producing some 300 bhp.

The block is from the 164 Turbo, and the head is off the 155 Q4 4WD. If you
can find the parts, then you have a start. But the race engines also changed
the bore and stroke, from being an "over-square" 84mm bore 90mm stroke to a
"square" 86mm bore and 86mm stroke. Then you'll have to turn the cylinder
head 180 degrees to get the inlet tracts facing towards the front of the car
and raie compression to 11:1. That will net you 285hp and 126lb.ft torque
with the right cams, injection computer etc (Info from Racecar Engineering
Vol 4 No. 5)
Of course, anything is possible with the right sized wallet :-)

Cheers
- --
Nathan Wong	       http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
	           - Alfa Romeo - Club Cars - Super Touring -
AlfaCors@domain.elided	 - Formula One - V8Supercars -