re: Wheel Paint

Bruce Giller asked;
"Is it worth it to get Eastwood's
brand of paint for wheels or will Krylon do just as good as job??"

You may not *need* Eastwood's stuff, but I would recommend paint specially
formulated for a really nasty environment.  Think about where they (the
wheels) live; heat from the brakes, dust from the same, dirt, moisture and
water, impacts from road debris, and lots of etc's.

I refinished my Campagnolos first by sanding, then several coats of primer,
followed by three coats of "aluminum" color wheel paint.  I got the paint and
primer at Big A auto parts, in the LA area.  The only thing I did NOT do,
which I now regret, is lay on several coats of clear on top of the color.  I
had amazing luck with minimal runs and acceptable orange peel. (Maybe that's
why I didn't do a clear coat.  Not wanting to stretch my luck TOO far :-)

I wish Bruce luck in his endeavor
Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California