Re: alfa-digest V7 #94

William Henderson wrote:

>May I remind all of you in support of rampant litigation (whether
>frivolous or not) that this Stella Liebeck was awarded 2.9 million for
>her injuries.  May be I could spell that out, 2,900,000.00!  Ok, I
>agree, maybe she should get something for her problems. But let's be
>reasonable!

But what didn't get as widely reported, because it wasn't anywhere near as
sensational, is that the appeals court knocked the award down to something
much more reasonable.  I forget the exact amount, but given that she had to
undergo skin grafts and other painful burn treatments, it seemed fair.

And that's the REST of the story.

Joe Saul
jmsaul@domain.elided