164 Brake problems, beware of the pipes

Hi Again,
Thanks for the advice on the front A arm from everybody, constraints of time etc. meant that I
bought the whole piece. In the end I changed the Cam-belt tensioner and the cambelt at the
same time. I was surprised at how smoothly it all went with the car starting first time and running
well. Un fortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it another problem emerged.
As I changed the oil filter I noticed a puddle of oil appearing on the path. I turned out to be
brake fluid coming from a fracture in the metal pipe as it runs behind the engine, the cambelt end
(offside in the UK). When I traced the leak it was from a rust bubble on the pipe. When I saw
where the pipe went I decided it was a job for the experts and took it to the local garage. It was
quite a shock because I often fly at corners travelling at considerable speed. My advice is that
you check your pipes, particularly in that region to ensure you don't have the same problem!!
Regards
Mike