Alfa cup holers -was- Re: Hot coffee

Rosso75@domain.elided wrote:

>   I recall reading in some magazine a year or so ago about an
> automaker who
> had something like 16 cup holders in one of it's mini-van's.  I've
> only been
> into Alfa's for about a year, but none of the 3 I've owned so far had
> even 1
> cup holder.

I have cup holders in my '87 milano Gold.  I bought the car from the
original owner.  When I first saw them in the car, they looked so good I

thought they might have been a dealer option.  Actually, they were
bought at Sears many years ago.

There is one mounted on each door panel.  They are black plastic and
when not in use appear as a black square about the size of a 3.5" floppy

disk and a little thicker than a CD case -  picture a black CD case (but

only 3.5" x 3.5") mounted flat against the door panel.  There is also a
subtle and neat emblem of a cup on the holder.  Like the CD case, the
cup holder opens.  The cover folds down and stops when horizonal to form

a sort of table for the cup, etc. to sit on.  Then there is a big ring
that fold up and stops when horizontal to keep the cup, etc. from
spilling - neat.

I've not seen anything similar for sale.  If anyone else has, let me
know - I would like to have some more.

Rodney G. Tidwell
McComb, MS