Milano Fan in a GTV6 - can be done!

Hi:
I have not seem mention of this in the digest so far - but in case anyone
was wondering - a Milano fan can be installed in a GTV6 without too much
hacking and modification.
I had one of my stock fans fail last winter, and replaced this with an
aftermarket fan (during hasty preparations for a track day).  It worked
fine during the colder months, but as things heated up this summer, the
temperature went higher that I like.  The aftermarket fan was obviously not
up to the task!
A Milano fan seemed like a good upgrade since it's an Alfa factory solution
(and even works to keep the 3.0 liter cool) - are available used, and are
plentiful and cheap.
The only major modification that needs to be made is to cut away the fan
shroud 'lip' so that the fan shroud can sit flat on the face of the
radiator.  The Milano fan can then be placed in the exact centre of the
radiator - mounted with two strips of aluminium (adapters).  Even the stock
outermost GTV6 fan mounting holes and hardware can be used.  I also had to
grind away a little of the bottom right fan motor mount (to clear the
frame).
The new fan really sucks (so to speak)!  I found I needed a 30 amp fuse as,
on startup, the Milano fan was blowing the 20 amp fuse I had originally
installed.
I also completely rewired it (with large cables and a 30 amp relay) so that
the fan will run even with the key off - like most German cars.  This seems
to be a good idea to remedy the 'heat-soak' problem a bit (there is an
article on how to do this to a Milano on the Milano Resource web site
...http://reality.sgi.com/employees/sikand_mti/milano.html)

I'll post some pics on the GTV6 web site as soon as they are developed.
Cheers
Mike
1985 GTV6
Alfa Romeo GTV6 Web Site:    http://www.gtv6.org/

PS:  *New Stuff* on the GTV6 site!  New page about Andrew Garcia's ITS
Racer!  Link from the main page.
PPS:  I Hope to see many digesti at Laguna Seca on the 26th!