Re: 36 mm torsion bars

In a message dated 9/10/98 6:51:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<<   I am still looking for a source of the 36 mm racing torsion bars
 for a 82 GTV6. >>

I've heard alot about these hollow bars but I don't understand something.  I
have
the Shankle 28mm super sport bars on my GTV6 and they are virtually pressed
against the floorpan.  I can't understand how a 10mm thicker bar will fit into
the original location without some mods to allow extra clearance.  If it is
more simple than it seems I'd be interested in a set.

Bob Boniface

84 GTV6 (Pretty Hate Machine)
91 164L 5 spd
60 Giulietta Spider