VOLVO 164

Switching gears!  Whats stronger a 164 or late model VOLVO?  A 164!  my 91S
was rear ended on 880 in Hayward Ca a couple of weeks  ago by a VOLVO.  The
Volvo driver was in shock because he bought the VOLVO because it was
supposed to be so strong and safe.  My 164S had very little damage basically
the rear skirt below the bumper was damaged and the tail pipes bent
downward.  The Volvo on the other hand had the hood buckeled and the front
end relocated backwards about 6 inched from where it originally was.  Had to
pick the grill off the freeway.  Oh well never did like Volvo's anyway.

- ----

HA !!!! This is Volvo engineering at it's finest. The owner got exactly what
he paid for ! The car was sacrificed totally,the impact absorption zone did
it's job. If the car is new enough they will fix it . As the car ages just a
few years the cost to repair will TOTAL the car,especially if the car has
airbags. While I believe in safety some times it seems the insurance
industry along with the designers are definitely out to eliminate older
models one way or another. Keeps the economy healthy you know,,, never mind
the house of cards. Just my uneducated opinion.
Thomas Baumen