litigation frenzy

I can certainly agree that there are an awful lot of frivolous lawsuits. The
McDonalds hot coffee case is one that has become quite famous and is often
referred to when discussions of this topic get going. But after reading the
WHOLE story behind the hot coffee suit I came to the conclusion that
McDonalds really got what they deserved. Some points were - the coffee was
absolutely scalding, not just hot, the lid on the cup did not fit properly,
as obviously stupid as it may seem to some to have hot coffee in your car to
begin with - remember that McDonalds served the hot coffee to the woman in
the car at the drive-up window and McDonalds basically tried to blow the
woman off after the incident. Also, her injuries were pretty severe.

On the other hand there was the case of the pilot who had engine trouble and
landed on a country road. While he was walking to town a drunk driver ran
into his airplane, sued Piper Aircraft and won!

Then there are the 1-800-MC RIDER lawyer commercials:

You've been injured in a motorcycle accident, you didn't have a license or
insurance and the police say it was your fault. We can get you a cash
settlement today.

sheesh!

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6